Banners

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Celebrating Writing

I just participated in a Twitter Chat, Teach and Celebrate Writers (#TandCwriters), and I left inspired.
Join in on the chat next month!  It was fabulous!

I have been doing odds and ends today getting things ready for my class.  We start back to school in 3 days!  I am so excited and I cannot wait to meet my kids!  As a get to know you activity, I decided to introduce some poetry right off the bat.  I am going to have my students write "Selfie" poems.  Now, I am young, but I still am not the biggest fan of these selfies! But, I think the kids will love it!  Here is mine to share with all of you!

My Selfie Poem

A quarter of a century old
Wed last June
Owner of a tiny canine
Made a home in Washington

Graduate of Southern Knox County
Go! Fight! Win!
Bump, set, spike!
Became a Trailblazer and a Screaming Eagle.

Mother to 66 kids
Maker of new things
Canary color is my favorite
Comida Mexicana es mi favorita

By: Mrs. Murphy

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I'm not sure if my last comment published!

    I'm loving that you are being brave and starting the year with poetry and being willing to share your words with the world.

    Happy writing! Happy teaching!
    Rutb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ruth! The kids are writing their poems tomorrow. They are really excited! I shared mine with them on Friday and they didn't want to leave writing. I am hoping to post things that we have done later this week!

      I hate that your comment didn't post before!

      Delete